Vorarlberg, the host destination of the Propel Conference, is a vibrant landscape of delightful towns, charming villages, and high mountain peaks piercing blue skies.
In summer it is a riot of colourful flowers in lush meadows through which glacial rivers cut a swathe. While in winter, it is one of Europe’s prime destinations for skiers.
Get a feel for Vorarlberg
Located in the far west of Austria, the region shares borders with Germany, Switzerland and the principality of Liechtenstein.
From the stylish town of Lech to the enchanting Lake Constance, the regional capital of Bregenz to its endless charming villages dotting the countryside, Vorarlberg is where nature is at home.
For those with a taste for great food and sustainability, Vorarlberg’s organic farmers and producers lead the way in locally-sourced food and natural ingredients.
Some fast Vorarlberg facts
Vorarlberg has many great stories to tell:
- It is home to the unusual bus stops of Krumbach. Each of the seven famous bus stops is a unique and innovative piece of art.
- It hosts the internationally-acclaimed Bregenz Festival, which is performed on the world’s largest floating stage, on Lake Constance, each July and August.
- You can attend the Alpine Dairy School and make your own goat’s cheese at the Metzler Dairy, in Bregenzerwald.
- Vorarlberg has 4,000-year-old moorlands, and tours that take you across them barefoot.
- Vorarlberg’s architecture is beautifully unique. With clear minimalist lines, its wooden facades blending in with its natural surroundings.
Propel Conference venues
The small town of Mellau, sits in the Bregenzerwald valley, at the foot of the Kanisfluh Mountain, and will co-host our conference alongside the delightful town of Feldkirch, which is close to Bodensee/Lake Constance.
The charming Hotel Bären will be the venue for the conference on July 2 and 4, giving attendees a flavour of Vorarlberg’s spectacular countryside. Then on July 3, we change the pace with a trip to the medieval town of Feldkirch, where history is complemented by modernity. Here the conference will be at the ultra-modern architectural wonder that is the Montforthaus convention centre.
There will also be some fantastic events at great venues in Mellau and Feldkirch, but we don’t want to tell you all the surprises we have up our sleeves. You’ll just have to come along to find out more and experience Vorarlberg for yourself.
Further Vorarlberg inspiration
- Want to read more on Vorarlberg and the alpine scenery? Take a look at this post on GlobalGrasshopper.
- For a small region Vorarlberg offers at great deal for visitors. Check it out in this post on LiveShareTravel.
- There are many quirky things to do in Vorarlberg, where taking the bus is a cultural experience – hop aboard with this post on Time Travel Turtle.
- Enjoy spectacular mountain sunrises – take a peak here LiveShareTravel
- Searching for more unsual things to do (and eat!) in Vorarlberg – let Inside the Travel Lab be your guide.